Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Violin: Tired appendage?

When I play the violin, my left mitt (the one the presses on the strings) will always cramp up and start painful when I play something fast... I tried relaxing it but it basically keeps doing that, I reason it's because I'm pressing too hard but I don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions? Make sure you've have a good thaw up before playing hasty. When you need to play a brisk tune play it very slowly several times, so that you know it all right before speeding up slightly respectively time until you are at the right speed. If you still tense up try some finger exercises such as scales and rest between respectively batch of playing. permit your hands relax and stretch them out a few times in the past continuing.
You may also want to try and see how lightly you can press the strings back the sound element starts to fade. You may be surprise and how lightly you can press the strings in need losing sound. Keep practising this lighter channel of playing, and when you feel your hand start to tense remind yourself of your lighter playing.
Tension can also be due to muscle tiredness, keeping up practising can strengthen the muscles so prompt work becomes easier and easier.
Good luck next to the practise.
i get impossible to tell apart when im in a pro activity tournament and my hands cramp up the best entry for me is popping my knuckles it always appear to "un"tense my muscles and tendons contained by my hand(meaning the cramps go away)

No comments:

Post a Comment