Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What are the best exercises for strengthening your leg muscles if you are a senior citizen?

I am a senior citizen and suffer from cardiomyopathy and CHF, I notice my legs be aware of heavy -- I try to stroll several times per week, also do housework, laundry and gardening. My home has 18 stairs that I jump up and down several times per day. But my legs still quality heavy and soreness. Is there an exercise I can do to strengthen the muscles and diminution the discomfort I have within them. After sitting sometimes I have to in recent times stand for a few seconds past I feel undamaging enough to proceed and appropriate a step, because they feel tenancy. Hello,
Your doctor is right about the swimming!
Even if you do not swim they will own you in the shallow chunk doing exercises.
If you have a hot tub you can do these exercises within there. Water is really medical! I miss our hot tub!!
Also by getting into a program at the local pool, you get to get together others who are there for the reason you are. Then you get to know them and hold people to hoof it with :0) Sometime it is nice to enjoy people contained by the real world who take in.
Wish you well!
Some supplements that I own found that make my legs not get the impression so heavy are magnesium, potassium and hylaronic sour.
Try taking a banana and some yogurt on your walks for a snack when you sit down.
I tramp 45 minutes a day surrounded by my subdivision and it really helps strengthen my leg muscles. If you can't tramp, why not use buy a treadmill or, better yet, enroll within an excercise salon like Planet Fitness. We solely pay $10 a month here.

No comments:

Post a Comment