Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What are the signs and symptoms of a broken bone surrounded by your appendage?

My hand is injured from punching a wall. There are no signs of bruising or discoloration. There is vastly little swelling but there is still a clad amount of pain. My knuckle hurts when i touch it and near is a little backache when i make a tight fist. I punched (well, more approaching backhanded) a wall once, and fractured the 3rd and 4th fingers in my foot... Can't remember the names :(
It swelled up straight away, and cause me severe pain, even next to ice on it. It hurt constantly, but it be AGONY if I tried to press 2 fingers together (even the not broken ones). It was also bruised above the fractures.
I be 500km from a hospital at the time though so it took a while before I could take a diagnosis.
It does sound approaching you may have lone jarred and bruised your hand, if here is no swelling or discolouration, however just to be on the not dangerous side, go and see a doc and maybe get an X-Ray. And stop punching walls! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment