Thursday, October 14, 2010

Touching upper teeth to lower teeth when asleep?

i heard this on my womanly friend when she's sleeping... it's like creek, creek hum, then i found out that her teeth touching respectively other while asleep.what medical condition is that? is it bad? does a human being has a heart problem? grinding your teeth is exceedingly bad for your teeth.
What is bruxism? Bruxism (pronounced BRUK-sizm) is the industrial term for forcible grinding and clenching of the teeth. It usually happen at night, during sleep, although some individuals grind their teeth during the day as okay. People who suffer from bruxism may also bite their fingernails or pencils, or chew the insides of their cheeks.
Good luck for your friend.
She grinds her teeth while she sleeps. I do this. It's a nervous dependence. I had to travel to the dentist to get a darkness guard to wear while I sleep. It can wear your teeth down and cause TMJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment