Saturday, October 16, 2010
Travelling near an undisplaced fibula fracture?
Has anyone gone on a plane trip with a fractured ankle? I'm a week into the injury today and contained by an aircast, no surgery was needed. I'm supposed to move about to Las Vegas in a few days which will be almost two weeks...doc said it be increased but not high risk for blood clot and told me to steal some aspirin for a couple of days, but I still get easily upset and dont know what to expect. I havent found any posts from anyone commenting on travelling so soon after an injury - curious if anyone out there have a similar experience? Any and all warning appreciated The concern with flying is swelling and logically DVT - blood clots or thrombosis. The key to nouns travel is preventing those. Aspirin will help (or Advil), but you obligation to make sure that you drink plenty of marine before you jump and on the plane. Dehydration can be a big factor in abundant things. The water will serve two purposes, keeping you hydrated and keeping you going to the bathroom. This is a apposite thing, because exercising that leg while flying will hang on to swelling down :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment