Thursday, October 14, 2010
Tonsillitis direction?
Hi ... have be diagnosed with tonsillitis. Have have plenty of sore throats in the passed but zilch like this - the agony is unbearable. I cannot sleep for anything longer than 10 mins cos my throat dries up and I wake up up gagging. Have also developed a chest infection which is making matter a lot worse as coughing is aggravating tonsils. I own asthma and have needed my inhaler more due to chest infection - have a sneaking suspicion that this also aggravating. Dr has put me on a 10 daylight course of penicillin which I started 4 days ago - tonsils one side of my throat are getting better, the other side getting greatly worse. No energy and constant aching. It's really getting me down and I've been miserable today. Also getting stressed out 'cos I have be feeling too bad to work this week - feel I must walk in subsequent week as 'tonsillitis' seems a lame excuse to be bad. Any advice on what I can do to make less burdensome the pain? Have tried cocodamol (paracetamol and codeine), ibubrufen etc. Drinking lots of hose. Thanks drink chicken broth. breathe through your nose. not your mouth. try to sleep beside a humidifier near your bed to hold the air moist. drink lots of ginger juice. and hose. swish around some warm brackish water contained by your mouth and gargle. i hope i helped. also, get through fruit pops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment